Ideal for: Anyone who wants to gain the awareness and skills to recognise the signs and symptoms of common workplace mental health issues, have a non-judgmental conversation with and effectively guide a person towards the right support.
Duration: From 1 hour information talk through to half /full day awareness and two day accredited mental health first aider training.
This course will cover:
- What is Mental Health First Aid and why is it important?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- Risk factors
- Anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions
- Alcohol, drugs and addiction
- Personality disorders
- Agressive Behaviours
- What is psychosis?
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Treatment and resources
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Self care and recovery
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- Action planning for using MHFA
Contact us to discuss your needs